Monday, October 12, 2015

Great leaders are great servants! -- Week 25 (Transfer 4, Week 5)

A*'s baptism with Sister Price on the right.


Hey everyone!

This week was a great week. A very calm week compared to normal. We still taught as much, and had a baptism and confirmation, which was awesome, but I felt super relaxed! I don't know why. It just felt less busy this week.

One of my favorite things that happened this week was on Sunday. Sister Price and I were informed that there was no one to teach relief society, so we would be teaching. We quickly threw together a lesson and went into relief society to teach. Well, as they were doing announcements, the young mens president came in and said that they were preparing for a missionary fireside and he wanted us to come to class to help brainstorm some ideas. We didn't know what to do because we had to teach relief society! Then Sister Price had a brilliant idea--we could go on splits! Of course she didn't want to teach relief society by herself, so I offered to do it and the next thing I new, I was teaching an hour lesson all by myself that Sister Price and I had only been informed about 10 minutes before with a manual that was completely different than any I had used before. Oh man. Luckily, being a missionary, you can whip anything out. The lesson was on leadership, and of course when you are teaching about being a leader, you turn to the Saviors example. I whipped out some scriptures in Matthew 20 where the Savior explains about how the greatest leaders are those who serve. After all, Christ who was the greatest of us all, washed the feet of His disciples and gave His life for all mankind. The lesson went by so quickly and at the end I found that there was still more that I wanted to cover that we hadn't even gotten to in that hour! At the end I had the chance to bear my testimony to all of the lovely mothers in the room of their divine role and leadership. :) I told them all about my mom and that if it weren't for her, I wouldn't be the person I am today. I'm so grateful for her leadership, and the Saviors, and that Heavenly Father helped me teach that lesson!

Sister Price and the young men brainstormed some awesome ways to get the ward more involved in missionary work and change the mindset. We are so stoked! The ward has changed so much in the time that I've been here!

After church A* got baptized! We were so excited! But it was most gratifying to see his mom get up and bear her testimony. Her family has been inactive for years and she is sooo grateful to be back. She thanked us for our help and she totally had me in tears. It felt so good to know that we were able to help someone receive the gospel and accept the help of the Savior into their life again! And our ward has been so kind and supportive and they really have our back. I think they give us more credit than we deserve.

Anyway, I love you all!!!!

Love,

Sister Osman


What a great kid!

No comments:

Post a Comment