Monday, October 5, 2015

A Week to Remember - Week 24 (Transfer 4, Week 4)

Note from the editor: It is getting cold in Canada, but Mik is in good spirits though both her and her companion are a little under the weather! They are teaching around 30 lessons per week and are super busy and super tired and SUPER happy!

Here is her letter:

You know what I love? I love that missionary life is measured in weeks. And transfers. And hours. Our whole life is mapped out by the hour. Our planners are organized by transfers, and within those transfers is 6 weeks. It makes time FLY. I love it. I can't believe I've already been out for 5 whole months, almost 4 transfers! I'm so old.

This week was incredible! A number of things happened this week. First of all, we had general conference.  As I've been a missionary I've come to realize that in a very real way we have living apostles and a prophet called by God TODAY. So you can imagine my excitement to hear these men speak.

Elder Hollands talk on Christlike love really hit me. I'm so honored to have the privilege of being a mom some day. And mom--I love you! I'm so grateful for your example. Your love truly is an example of Christ's divine love for every single one of us. :)

I also loved how all of the talks seemed to be centered around discipleship. I think our leaders recognize that the worlds standards are getting farther and farther away from God's standards. To be a disciple truly means to be an example--set apart from the world. I love being a missionary--set apart from the world.

Also, the gospel is so simple! This applies so much to missionary work; as missionaries you need to simplify EVERYTHING that you teach. It is often when investigators get too caught up in the nit picky details that they end up confused rather than enriched. The truth is, we don't need to understand every detail of HOW God works. We just need to understand that HE DOES and that He loves us.

Also, this week: G* got baptized! It was such an amazing experience. And sooo funny. He had to be baptized TWICE by two people, and pushed under the water. Ahhh I love the hilarity of missionary life. You can only understand it if you're a missionary. Also, I got to sing at his baptism and play guitar! It was so fun! And next week I get to sing in sacrament meeting! I'm so pumped!

This week was ALSO Sister Price's birthday. And since we do everything together, it felt like my birthday too. We had cake for breakfast this morning. It was delish. But man oh man, even though this week was sooo amazzzzing and we saw so many miracles, I was so homesick! I don't know why! A good kind of homesick though. More like...grateful homesick.

Well I love you all!

Sister Osman

Sending an "I love you" sign!

G*s baptism! What a glorious day!


No comments:

Post a Comment