Sister Osman is coming home soon! :)
Arrival date in SLC: Nov 9th, 2016
Homecoming talk: Nov 13th, 2016, 11:00 am; a chance to mingle and food at our house afterward!
I don't even know where to begin this week....
The members here are amazing. Our investigators are amazing. L* is amazing. B* is doing okay. She had a some seizures and CAS took her baby away. A* has to be in foster care now because B* has to be seizure free for a while before she can have him back...it's been hard. Not sure what to do for her or how to approach it. :( But we are trying. The gospel helps everything.
L*'s family have been crazy. I can't remember if I said anything about it last week, but she's been so strong and made eggs for the munch and mingle after church yesterday. hahaha
We had lots of miracles this week:
1. We met with R*, an investigator H* helped us find. He's a lot more prepared than we though he would be. He's cool.
2. We met with N* for the first time. It was a great lesson.
3. We got this referral from this girl of the street who said her mom might be interested. Turns out her mom was taught by missionaries a year ago and told us how these two elders had served her. She was sick and they went and bought her gingerale, even though she was just the next door neighbor of a member of our church. Then they mowed her lawn. She shared with us how she realized that we are real people who really just care about people and want to help. She told us how she started to learn about the gospel and the elders would sit with her every day and help her understand the Book of Mormon. She said, "If there is any church I would join, it would be yours." hahaha she's amazing. We are teaching her now.
4. Sister Gousse, one of my old companions, is serving in Hamilton and they went to some place like Jamba Juice and the cashier said, "oh hey, you're missionaries! I've been looking for missionaries! I used to live in Barrie and I was taught by them but then I moved. I've been wanting to come to church!" Apparently she said she was taught by me...but I don't remember. But its so cool though!
5. D* is donw to 10 cigarettes from 24!
6. D* (another D*) came to church. We are now teaching R*, D*, C*, and J*. A whole family from Jamaica!
7. J* came to church! She didn't smoke at all last week and is planning on being baptized on November 12....3 days after I leave...hahahaha
Anyway, there were lots of other miracles, and even these ones I can't even explain....There is so much more to each of them. So many life changing experiences. It's awesome.
I know God loves us.
|So proud of D* he prayed and asked God if he should go tomorrow|
And he got his answerHe answered was yes!!
15 Oct, 16