Monday, April 4, 2016

Filled to the brim! - Week 48 (Transfer 8, Week 6) - 4 April, 2016

This week was awesome! Conference was the best. I feel so filled up. God loves you all. Sorry, not enough patience to write this week. Haha, pictures will have to do.

Have a great week!

Sister Osman

From another email:

Man, conference was...I don't even have a word for it. I felt the Spirit so strong. The whole time I was wondering, "I wonder if my family is there..." It was so interesting the tone of the meeting and the behavior of the saints during the sustaining. I know that Christ is coming soon. It's at the gates. And His servants know it as well. I've never had a greater desire to hear what they have to say. I know I will need it. And I want it. I loved it. I loved Elder Holland's talk. Of course; who didn't. I loved President Monson's talk. In our mission we are only allowed to teach 15-20 minute lessons so we really have to learn to TEACH SIMPLY. Try teaching the whole restoration in 15 minutes while answering questions, setting a next appointment, sitting down and settling, following up on previous commitments, and leaving new ones. So what I really loved about President Monson's talk is that he said ONLY what needed to be said. No extra fluff. No show of shiny words or intellect or wisdom. It was so NOT ABOUT HIM. It was just what the Lord needed him to say. And he said it. Where we are going matters. So decide where you want to go and take the path that will get you there. Christ is the way. He is the light and the life.

I also loved Elder Cook's talk about the temple and Elder Christofferson's talk about FATHERS. I couldn't help but think about mine the whole time. I miss dad. I like dad because he is quiet. I feel like I can just BE around him and it's okay. I have found this transfer that I am very....chop chop. I just want to work. Don't want to eat. Don't want to sleep. Just want to GET IT DONE. And you can do that around people like dad. They allow you to just...be and to do what you know you should do. I think I will be quieter when I am home. I don't know. I think it will be a difficult transition for me. Watching TV will be difficult for me. Sitting will be difficult for me. I just want to be about the Lord's business. Nothing else feels important....oh man. It's freaky.

I hope I can get it in time. And we got the PJS!!!!!!!!!! WE LOVED THEMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM. They are so soft. My companions were freaking out. They are good for me. They remind me how to have fun. I love them. :) I'm learning a lot. It's been really humbling to say the least.

Well I got to go. I'm really sad that President is leaving. (Sister Osman's mission president, Weatherford T. Clayton got called to be a general authority.) July 6th or something. He has become one of my best friends. I love being around him because I feel like Heavenly Father is there. It's very odd. I don't know how to explain it. He has the Spirit so strong that I just feel like I'm home. I always want to call him and talk to him about our day and vent. President has become like a second father to me. I am honored to know him. I want him at my wedding... that's a random thought. IDK. He's taught me so much. One thing he said to me once in an interview: "Sister Osman. It's not about you." That has been something I have been trying hard to learn.
















No comments:

Post a Comment