Monday, September 21, 2015

It's an HONOR! -- Week 22 (Transfer 4, Week 2)



Oh Canada!

Hey Everyone :)

This week has been truly humbling. I feel like this week has been an accumulation of every experience I've had on my mission so far, and every effort I've put in. It's so hard to try to explain the many miracles I've seen while I've been here in Canada and the many times I have felt the Savior by my side on a daily basis. I've come to truly recognize and understand the presence of the Spirit and the way that he talks to ME on a personal level. At times in my mission when I have felt alone, He has been there and for that I am so grateful. :)

This week was incredible! Sister Price and I have been working so hard to be UNIFIED and to put all of our ideas and efforts into the people here. She has taught me so much about what it means to be a real friend. It doesn't matter if we don't have much in common, or many of the same interests, or a different style, or even a different way of going about things. It only matters if we have a common goal and interest: to do the work of our Father in Heaven. I've found that so long as we consistently and constantly have our eyes set on the same goal, and are both equally committed to making that goal possible, then everything else will fall into place. This same principle can be applied to EVERYONE involved in this great work i.e; the ward members, the other missionaries, our leaders, our families, our friends, God, and all of these amazing people around us. The gospel is all about WORKING TOGETHER! And oh my stars, how the world changes when everyone is working together towards a common goal, towards Gods goal. So much of missionary work is about aligning your will with Gods will, the same way Christ demonstrated throughout His life in the garden of Gethsemane and on Calvary's hill. All that being said, I am so so so so so grateful for everyone's unique qualities and talents that set them apart from the rest of the world. Everyone here has a unique and very important purpose. :)

This week we were working very closely with our friend G* and with the L* family. G* is on track to be baptized Oct 4th and it is so cool to see how the gospel has already started to change his life. When we asked him in one of our lessons what it meant to him to know that he had the opportunity to be a part of God's one and only church he said very simply "It's an honor." I was stunned and so humbled. I recalled so many times before my mission, and maybe even during, when I had taken my knowledge of the gospel for granted. Truly, everything I have is because of my Father in Heaven, and every opportunity I have to be someone better is because of my Savior. I am so honored that my dear Friend would give His life for me, and that my Father would give His Son. It's an honor.

It's also been cool to see how the gospel has been changing the L* family! Their 9 year old son is ready for baptism on the 27th of this month, and his family is returning back to church after 10 years! I'm so grateful for the missionaries here in this area who served before me who paved the way for all of this progress!

A couple shout outs this week:

Shout out to the Burnett family! Your deck looks great. So glad it's done. C, you know what you should be doing. Do it. :) I miss you guys!

Shout out to my mom and dad. The cup cakes were the best. Thank you. :)

And shout out to my Uncle Jared and Aunt Anne. Ich liebe dich. Vielen dank!!!!

Love you all! I hope you know how much of a difference you make! The missionaries NEED you. You are our best ally.

Love,

Sister Osman

P.S. Since you asked, here is a normal day for us:

Tuesday Sept 15:

6:30 am wake up. Work out for half an hour. Which usually ends up being us laying on the floor doing leg lifts because we are so tired. Hahahaha
7:00 am get ready for the day! I usually lay on the couch for 10 min before I can get ready. Sometimes not.
8:00 am Personal studies!!!! We study for one hour by ourselves. I've been reading Jesus the Christ by James E. Talmage and I am almost done! Also, I've been reading the Book of Mormon, and the a lot of the bible. I know my stuff A LOT better now. :)
9:00 am Companionship studies! Sister Price and I study together for an hour and make plans for all of our lessons. We role play the lessons and choose scriptures that people will need to hear and experiences that we have had that will help them. We practice practice practice!
10:00 am. Time to go out! If we don't have appointments we start tracting or talking to people on the street.
10:30 am. We had an appointment with * for one hour. He is a New Convert on the verge of less active. :)
11:30 drive to next appointment and make calls in the car.
12:00 pm * -he's a less active. We meet with him for an hour.
1:15 pm we go and see *!  also a less active. We pick up members to come with us in the 15 min between lessons.
2:30 pm We go teach * our investigator!
3:45 pm We go and teach * our investigator!
5: Dinner/make everything ready for other appointments
6: Go and teach *,* and *! A cute investigator family.
7: Go by a couple of potential investigators for an hour/tract
8: Virtual ward council! And make calls!
9: go home! plan for half an hour for the next day.
9:30 update teaching records, clean stuff
Then we get like an hour to take a shower, get ready for bed, chill...etc
10:30 go to bed!!!!! SO TIREDDDD

Yeah we are busy. :) Usually we are supposed to take a lunch break but we haven't had time. hahahahaha






This is G*. What a cutie!

Cupcakes from my mom & dad

Ward picnic


Out tracting with Sister Price





No comments:

Post a Comment