Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Goodbye Georgetown, transferred to Cambridge Second Ward -- Week 20

Mikkia did not have enough time to write yesterday. So here is an excerpt from an email that she sent to me, so you know what is going on. We don't have her new address yet, we will pass it on when we get it. 

She met her new companion Sister Price today and she is so super excited for what the future will bring! Mikkia is doing well! Thank you for all your prayers!

"Okay so the assistants to the president called with transfer news last night. I was supposed to go back to Georgetown (which is why I only packed stuff for a week) but apparently President C says God wants me elsewhere after all. so I am going to the Cambridge Second Ward. No idea where that is. but that means that tonight we have to drive all the way back to GT from here (St. Catherines), get all my stuff, prepare everything for the elders who will be coming in (which is so stressful because I have to force myself to remember EVERYTHING I've learned about the area in the last 5 weeks and write it all down in a way that elders can understand hahaha) and then tomorrow morning we will be driving back to Brampton for transfers. My new companion's name is sister Price. I have no idea who she is but I'm stoked! 

Also, this week was so amazing. It was so nice to just have a vacation. At least that's what it felt like. But we taught some really hard investigators who almost convinced me that we are wrong. BUT I PRAYED SO HARD FOR SO LONG AND I READ THE SCRIPTURES FOR SO LONG AND I WENT TO THE TEMPLE and I ASKED God about it. And he answered my prayers. Again. But this time, more real than I have ever experience. In the Celestial room. The temple truly is...a gateway. It's so real. Mom, there are a lot of things that I still don't know and haven't received answers about yet, but this I do know: temples are real. God is real. Christ is real. And that's the end of it. No one can convince me otherwise ever. I know today there are still prophets on the earth. I know many things are restored. And I know many more things still need to be restored."

Love, MIK


No comments:

Post a Comment