Monday, September 19, 2016

Your children will call you blessed... - Week 73 (Transfer 11, Week 5) - 19 September, 2016

This describes missionary life. In the car.
Hey Everyone!!!!

Life is good. Pretty much it's the best.

This week was....so good that I pretty much just cried out of joy all week. I've never felt happier in my life. :)

I just love everyone so much! And I'm so happy that they are all doing so well.

B* got baptized this week. It was such an amazing experience. Her friend B*, who was baptized himself about a year ago is the one who helped her to come into the church. B* is...hard to explain. Haha he's one of those big, burly, tattooed guys that you would NEVER think would join the church, but is really a huge teddy bear inside. At the baptism, he got so emotional that he started crying out of gratitude. He was like, "Sisters, I can't say the closing prayer! I won't be able to talk!" We told him we would do it for him, but then he just got up and did it. Every word he said so slowly because he had to choke them out. The spirit just FILLED the room. Tons of people came to the baptism. We have worked so hard to make sure B*e would have lots of friends in the ward, and can I say, I've never seen someone so loved! There was such a feeling of family and friendship, I had such a great time. B* asked the gospel principles teacher to baptized her, because she really likes him, he's a great teacher. But her hand didn't go under the water! But nobody noticed! She was about to get out when Sister Wilson and I said, "Wait no! Her hand didn't go under!" So B* turned around and said, "Okay!!! Let's do it again! WOOT WOOT!" And marched back into the font. It was so cute, I was smiling ear to ear. While she was changing me and one of the other sister did a musical number and everyone wrote their testimonies for B*. We are going to put it in a book with a bunch of pictures. Can't wait to give it to her. This Sunday she was confirmed and given the Holy Ghost. Such a cool experience. In her blessing it was said, "Your children will call you blessed for this choice you have made." Next Monday she is going to have her baby boy AJ! SO PUMPED.

Other miracles: L* was there on Sunday for the confirmation of B*. She was so excited for her own and just couldn't wait. After her baptismal interview on Saturday we went and put some family history in the computer. She input her mom and dad and then her grandpa but got stuck on her grandma. Eventually we found her grandma! We put her in and tons of her family tree just suddenly popped up all the way back to the 1500's! She started to cry. We just testified that all of those people are waiting for her to do their work...they've been waiting so long. We could feel it. We all just sat there and got all weepy. It was awesome.

C*:
We have been teaching this dad named C*. He has two daughters and recently separated from his wife. This week we taught him for the second time and gave him a Book of Mormon. We explained it all and it was awesome. We hadn't given him one the time before because we were all out of them! At the end, I was about to say the prayer and C* said, "Wait, can I say it? I've been practicing!" Of course, we were so excited! So he said the prayer, so humble and sincere. I LOVE hearing people pray for the first time. After the prayer we all just sat there and C* said, "Woah." We all just nodded. He said, "It's so good to feel the Spirit." So cool.

I love you all. I love Heavenly Father so much. This gospel brings so much joy. I'm so grateful to our Savior Jesus Christ and all that He's done for us. I'm so grateful for Jospeh Smith, who did so much to help us all to have the gospel. It's our job to share it. :)

Love,

Sister Osman

Sister Wilson, last Monday (/12/26)

I had a vision. JK :)

No comments:

Post a Comment