Thursday, April 23, 2015

The Mission President & His Wife

The Mission President & His Wife






Canada Toronto Mission

William Weatherford T. Clayton, 61, and Lisa Thomas Clayton, five children, Eagleridge Ward, North Salt Lake Utah Stake:  Brother Clayton is a former stake president, counselor in a stake presidency, bishop, ward Young Men president, ward mission leader and missionary in the Canada Montreal Mission. Obstetrical hospitalist, OB Hospitalist Group. Born in Los Angeles, Calif., to Lyndon Whitney Clayton and Elizabeth Graham Touchstone.
Sister Clayton is a former stake Relief Society president, counselor in a stake Young Women presidency, ward Relief Society president, ward Young Women president and volunteer institute teacher. Born in Salt Lake City to Madison Hayball Thomas and Phebe Marian Peterson.

William Weatherford T. Clayton and his wife, Lisa Thomas Clayton, will lead the Canada Toronto Mission beginning 1 July 2014, succeeding President Brent L. and Sister Anne Scott.
What is really interesting about this:
I never read the church news nor the new mission president news but for some reason I did when the Clayton's got called. Somehow, their picture made such an impression on me, their faces were the only ones I remembered from when I read the article. When I looked them up, it was, "Oh, it is them!" I have heard many times that you are not only assigned to a mission but more importantly to a mission president. I believe this to be true and I do not think it is a coincidence, that I focused on them when reading the news. Many little miracles piece together a mission call!
We are super excited for Mikkia to meet them and for her chance to learn from then and serve under their stewardship! Right now they are just faces and a picture, but we know that Mikkia will have life-changing experiences with them and grow to love them so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment