Wednesday, June 29, 2016

Every word was acknowledged - Week 61 (Transfer 10, Week 5) - 27 June, 2016

Zone Conference with Sister and President Clayton (6/23/16)

Hey everyone. :)

Just wanted to let you all know that I love you. This week was a whole new ground of territory that I haven't experienced yet on my mission. After you've been out for a while, you kinda figure out who you are as a missionary and so even though there are lots of challenges, you know how to face them. But I feel like this transfer has been super weird because....I don't really know how to explain it! It's just weird to be out on a mission for 13 months and suddenly feel like you don't know how to missionary anymore. hahaha that's the only way I can explain it. But it was a good week though. Lots of miracles. Lots of learning. A mission is a consistent reminder that I have no idea what I'm doing so I just have to pray a lot and trust that God does. Hahaha

We went on a whopping 3 exchanges this week, which means that about 5 of the 7 days I was not in my own area here in Barrie. I was with other sisters in their area. I went to Aurora, Cookstown, and Bracebridge this week. I love these sisters. :) I worry about them seriously every day all day. I always wanna call them and see how they're doing and if everything is okay. I feel so much responsibility to help them be successful and happy. But there's not much I can do! They are all doing really well though. I'm just protective of my peeps. 🙃

Fun story: Went on exchanges with my MTC  and In-Field companion Sister Anthony! It was a great exchange. Sooooooooo coooooooooooool to see how much we have both changed and grown. The whole day felt like such a breeze. It felt  good to be with someone that I already know. Almost like going on exchanges with Tashina back home. It was a really grounding experience. It felt good to have familiarity. A little bit like home. :) But in a different way.

Miracles: Lots this week but two I'll share.

1. Got a blessing from the elders. Can I just say how cool it is to have the opportunity to get a blessing from worthy priesthood holders? Nothing cooler in my mind. I felt the spirit really strong. That blessing was pretty much a direct conversation with Heavenly Father. I'd asked Him so many things in prayer earlier that day and throughout the transfer and even during the blessing. Every question was directly answered. Every word was acknowledged. It was such a humbling and comforting experience. I was in tears by the end. For all you men out there, be worthy of the priesthood. You have no idea how much we appreciate it. :)

2. On Sunday I was praying pretty hard to find someone the Lord had prepared to hear the gospel. We went to a lesson with one of our less actives to teach him. We had been working with him to invite his friends and when we sat down, he texted his friend who came over and was SUPER interested. We taught him right then and there and he is very excited to learn about the gospel. :) His name is K* and he's from India. I loveeee Canada because we literally get to teach all nations.

Anyway, love you all.

Sister Osman



Oh Canada!


Exchanges with Sister Cliften in Cookstown!

Exchanges with the brace bridge sisters!!!!! - Sister Anthony & Sister Osman

Exchanges with the brace bridge sisters!!!!! - Sister Vance & Sister Osman

Reading my momma's letter!

Yeah Sister Turley be in hospital all day cuz she got a bug bite with a disease and it made her lymph nodes swell up. hahahahahaha We were hoping it was Zika virus or whatever it's called because that would be a cool story. 

No comments:

Post a Comment