Tuesday, November 10, 2015

Happiness is Homemade‏ - Week 28 (Transfer 5, Week 2)

Sister Tang & Sister Osman at Brother B*'s house, 2 Nov 15!

Mik left her camera charger in another area, so I had to befriend some branch members in Stayner & the dad of her companion in China to get to the goods. :) We get along splendidly via google translate as we don't speak a common language. So their pictures are Mik's for now. I sent her a charger today. :)

Anyhow, here is last week's letter:

Hey everyone! Sorry about no email last week, I didn't have time. :)

This week was amazing! We are seeing miracles in our companionship as Sister Tang and I learn to work together and communicate with each other. I've discovered that the gospel is all about lifting people and I hope that this transfer I can lift Sister Tang and help her see how much she is valued and loved! 

Stayner branch is amazing and the people here really try. Hopefully we can help them try harder. hahaha :) 

Well, I don't have much to say this week. But happy Halloween everyone! I hope you all had a lovely one. (That's for you missionaries out there too. #weeklyplanning You understand.) 

I know the Savior lives. I know He loves each and every one of us! 

Love,

Sister Osman

P.S. From another email:

Things are going great here in Stayner branch... There are some really amazing members as well here who dedicate a lot of time, money, and love to helping us and the Lord and for that we are very grateful. Our branch mission leader is Brother S* who is incredibly dedicated and kind. He calls us every day to see how we are doing and to chat about his sister or whatever else he wants to tell us and to get an update of the days successes. On Sunday afternoons he has adopted the habit of coming tracting with us after church since he can't spend the gas money to come with us any other day of the week. This week he called us and left us a voicemail that said said, "Hey Sis I just wanted to let you guys know that I hope you like craft dinner (macaroni and cheese in Canadian) because I bought you five boxes just in case." Then he hung up. Hahahah, we were laughing so hard! He is awesome. The progress here is slow but it's coming. Sister Tang and I are VERY different. I mean, Chinese culture is extremely different, but we had a good talk last night and I am receiving more insights as to how I can help her feel loved and feel that I trust her. It is no easy thing coming from China to a western country with a new language to a tiny branch where the work is hard. Sister Tang amazes me! I don't know if I could have done it!


No comments:

Post a Comment