Friday, August 7, 2015

Candles, cookie dough and a blessing in the dark! - Week 15

Note from the editor:

Missionaries love mail! Please, email me for her current address or write her at mikkia.osman@myldsmail.net.

Sorry no pics this week!

Hey everyone!

This week was awesome! I am in a new area called Georgetown. We cover a very large area. The ward members here are very kind and I am with my companion from the MTC named Sister Anthony. She is awesome! She has a very strong personality and can be really funny. :) Also, she's from London England so I love her accent and hearing about England. British people are my favorite people.

Also they have yummy candy.

This week we had a lot of really cool experiences. Here are two of my favorites:

1) It has been BOILING and HUMID here in Georgetown. Sister Anthony and I were out tracting all day and everywhere we went she said that she was dying for some rain. She said she missed London, where it rained all the time. Around 4 that day, the rain came. Out of nowhere. It just cracked down. It POURED. And thunder and lightning. We were inside having lunch when it started and Sister Anthony leapt up from her chair, threw her hands in the air, and yelled, "It's raining! I'm home!" Ah she was just so overjoyed. I loved it. :) And man, if you know me, you know I adore the rain. So we turned off all the lights and lit some candles, and I played some hymns on my guitar and made spaghetti and cookie dough while we finished our lunch break and watched the rain. Heavenly Father loved us enough to make it rain. :)

2) This area has been quite dead for a while. In fact they only opened it again two transfers ago, because people here just don't want to talk to the missionaries. Which is quite alright, they don't have to. But I'd love it if they did. :) Haha and it is the headquarters of the Jehovah's Witnesses, which is basically the Salt Lake City of the Mormons. They have a place here called The Watch Tower which is their headquarters and is the factory where all of their books and pamphlets and everything is printed. Anyway, needless to say, everyone thinks we are Jehovah's Witness. So this area has had a hard time finding people to teach for a while. But the other day we were out knocking doors and this boy answered the door. We told him who we are and that we are looking for people who are searching for the truth and don't know where to find it. He then told us that he had been sitting in the basement reading about the Reformation of the Catholic Church and was very confused which of all the churches were Christ's original church. I couldn't believe it...anyway, needless to say, Heavenly Father brought us to that place. We are going back to teach him all about the Restoration tomorrow. So excited!

Love you all!

Sister Osman

No comments:

Post a Comment