Monday, May 25, 2015

How are you? In my underwear.‏ - Week 5

Note from the editor: Mik had very little time this week (this is a pattern now :) and could not even send pictures, so the family/friend email is short. But then tonight, I got an email from a member who sent us a cute note and a picture of her. I love it when people are thoughtful!

Hey everyone, 

Can I just say how much I love being a missionary? Nothing beats consistently learning, teaching, and becoming more like the Savior. But just know that I do miss you all. I think about you every day. 

This week, we had a lot of funny experiences. One of them being:
We knocked on this guys door and his son answered it. As he opened the door we said, "Hello, how are you?" And he responded, "In my underwear." We just sat there for a second with the most awkward eye contact as he stood there in his black boxers...

But anyway, but besides all of the awkward things we do as missionaries and funny experiences we have, we also learn A LOT.

One of the things I learned this week is that knowledge is power, but that with power comes a huge responsibility. People that we talk with often don't want to know if the message that we share is true, because they know that if it is and that if they know it is, then they have the responsibility to do something about it. And that responsibility comes with a lot of changes to their lifestyle and commitments. What they don't realize though is that with those changes and new found knowledge comes an incredible amount of joy. Our Father in Heaven gives us 100X the amount we could ever give up. Even if we gave up our lives for Him, we would forever be in His debt. 

I love being a missionary because I get to help people, and live what I know. But the sad part about being a missionary is all the people who don't know what they don't know. 

I'm so grateful to know what I know. I know it's true. I know that Christ is our Savior, I know that God is our father, I know that this gospel that we have is His plan for us. And I know that it is very important that we share it.

What do you know? :) 
This week, do something about the things that you know. 

I love you all!

Sister Osman

So grateful for these people:

Your daughters came by and shared a wonderful message with our family.
We are very happy to have them in our ward. They are doing great work.

The K*s

Sister Osman & Sister Reese









No comments:

Post a Comment