Wednesday, March 2, 2016

It's Etobicoke - Week 43 - Transfer 8, Week 1 - 2/29/2016

Hey everyone, whom I love so much.

This week was incredible. I feel so blessed to have such an amazing new challenge. I felt calm this week, even with all the chaos of a new area, new companion, new people, new city, new ward, new home... It has been a really doozy but it feels RIGHT to be here.

Last Tuesday morning at 7 when we got to Brampton for transfers, all the trainers were in a room  being counseled by President and his lovely wife. We felt good. Afterwards they bring in all the new missionaries and we all get the chance to stand up and bear our testimonies. It is an amazing thing to be in a room of young people who are dedicated to the Lord and love to share His love. It was fun to see the new missionaries listen intently with respect, as if we are so experienced and amazing. It was so cute. Deep down I know I'm still just the same 19 year old girl who left Utah 10 months ago. Still figuring everything out.

When my turn came to share my testimony I decided I wanted to share it on the purpose of the gospel, which oddly enough I think I have learned a lot from my mission but also especially from my Mom, Dad, Tashina, Caelan, and some very close friends. This week just before transfers I read a letter from my brother, that just inspired me so much. And so many letters from my mom and friends, and so many experiences that I've had while being here so all of their words were lingering in my heart.

I know that the gospel is about being inspired to be someone better. It's about seeing yourself far beyond who you believe you can become. God is the biggest dreamer of all. He has dreams and wishes for every one of us. He knows us by name. And the gospel of Jesus Christ is about becoming all of that. It's all about never being stuck, never having to settle, never having to believe that you won't succeed. Because with God, anything is possible. Repentance is real. It's not a time for sorrow and self loathing, but a time to rejoice in the Atonement of Jesus Christ. He has already suffered for us, so accept the gift, give it to him and then BE BETTER. It's possible. The change is amazing. And even more incredible, we get to help others see themselves in a whole new light, with the eyes of a loving Father who wants us to succeed.

As I looked around the room at all the eyes of the new missionaries, trying to guess which one was going to be my new trainee, I picked out one in particular. Wearing a blue shirt, eyes glowing. I really felt she was the missionary I was supposed to train. President separated the room into two: trainers and trainees. I leaned over to one of the missionaries next to me and said, "That one is mine." Then President called out, "Sister Brown, you will be with Sister Osman." And I freaked out. I was right. I just knew it. I could just see it. I know that Sister Brown is supposed to be my companion and that this is supposed to be my area, and that I am where I am supposed to be.

Well I love you all. The doctrine is pure. Have a great week!

Sister Osman

 
Twenty new missionaries arrived on Monday! They come from Utah and Canada (of course!), Brazil, Jamaica, and Trinidad and Tobago by way of B.C. The weather has been so temperate here--we'll hope it continues the warm welcome!
The new missionaries and their trainers.
Brampton Stake Center, Tuesday, February 23, 16

Our view from the 24th floor in Toronto!

Our view from the 24th floor in Toronto!
Sweet Sister Brown from Jamaica!
The poor thing, she always freezes :)
Sister Osman loves her "baby."
Sister Brown and Sister Osman

No comments:

Post a Comment